Remote Ohio Location
Our client provides world-class managed facility services and turnkey program design. Backed by a culture of ingenuity, excellence, and unique problem solving, we are reimagining facility performance. We provide managed facility services and turnkey program management with technology-enabled solutions that target the entire building footprint – from controls, HVAC, lighting, and power – as we guide our clients on their journey towards increased sustainability.
The primary mission of this position is the development of mechanical efficiency solutions for large commercial and industrial customers. The Senior Energy Engineer position will be based in Ohio and work closely with Business Development Executives to ensure high customer satisfaction in identification and sales of turnkey electrical and mechanical retrofit projects.
- Ability to quickly evaluate existing Lighting, HVAC, Building Automation Systems, and other mechanical systems in a facility, identify potential efficiency solutions, and develop the conceptual design and potential economics of the efficiency solutions to be used in an initial proposal.
- Perform energy audits, review building drawings, and develop the design and economics of the efficiency solutions to form the basis for a design/build firm price proposal.
- Ability to create and revise project scopes to conform to ROI and Payback criteria that will meet client, utility and sales requirements.
- Ability to develop savings calculations that satisfy utility engineering review criteria to qualify for incentives.
- Work with utility on all facets of ensuring project conforms and fully qualifies for incentives.
- Ability to develop mechanical designs and specifications that form the basis for placing purchase orders for equipment and contracts for installation of the equipment and systems.
- Ability to identify comprehensive projects, (lighting, mechanical, gas, controls, etc.), and bring in necessary resources to develop a comprehensive project, and present to client’s technical assessment reports.
- Work with lighting/mechanical contractors for pricing and coordinating onsite contractor walk-throughs.
- Work with sales executives and project managers in a team environment to create value for customers.
- Use a detail-oriented approach to evaluate sales opportunities and adjust as needed to customer needs.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with turn-key energy project development/implementation, and project management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of design of Lighting, HVAC systems, and BAS efficiency control strategies
- General knowledge of MEP contracting and construction management processes
- 25% regional travel