We are currently recruiting a Senior Electrical Engineer for energy efficiency and building improvement projects. The selected candidate will become a part of a growing, world-class organization with competitive benefits and a diverse project workload. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is responsible for the design of building energy conservation projects with a focus on Electrical Infrastructure Systems.
- Degree in Architectural or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- P.E. license required.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas and concepts in both written and oral form.
- Be fully capable of working in design teams to assist in meeting the project goals in a team-focused environment.
- Experience with facility electrical distribution systems is preferred.
- Exposure to high-performance buildings and energy conservation is a bonus.
- About 20% regional travel.
- Supports design team efforts to identify, recommend, and implement new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Supports project design compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Perform project cost estimates.
- Design electrical systems upgrades, including the production of construction drawings and specifications.
- Perform engineering analysis of Available Short-Circuit Current, Arc Flash Potential, and Circuit Breaker Coordination in high performance buildings.
- Supports the design of diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities
- Monitor, track, and proactively coordinate the progress of projects under development, paying special attention to quality, effort against budget and schedule delivery.
- Work closely with project development to support specification development and monitor the attainment of those specifications throughout the entire project delivery.
- Write persuasive reports detailing building improvement opportunities and solutions. Present findings clearly and professionally to peers and clients.