Territory – one or more – MD/DC/DE/PA/VA
For over 25 years our client has been a leading Energy Services provider that specializes in energy efficiency, sustainability, and infrastructure improvement solutions in the municipal sector…offering full range of sustainable solutions including performance contracting, waste-to-energy, distributed generation, and renewable energy.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Account Executive (AE) is to prospect and close new business in the public sector (SLED) and drive new energy savings business opportunities. The Sr. AE must discover the customers’ needs and, working closely with the operations team, translate those into feasible, installable solutions. The Sr. AE communicates works directly with leadership, engineers, project managers, contract specialists and other technical representatives.
- Prospect for new public sector energy solutions including; renewable energy, trends, and issues
- Develop thorough knowledge of renewable energy industry, structure, opportunities, trends, and issues
- Cultivate effective business relationships and communicate full scope of solutions to meet customer business goals
- Prepare/present proposals addressing all customers’ needs and concerns, including a financial proposal
- Maintains customer contact throughout installation period/resolve any additional needs or concerns
- Monitor account plan progress, including market conditions, customer needs, and competitive activity
- BS Degree
- Experience selling large, complex solutions into the public sector
- Drive large projects $1M +
- Highly effective and successful sales negotiation and closing techniques
- Ability to compose and write proposals, reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public