Our Client is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of a Mechanical Engineer in their Manhattan, NY office. The Mechanical Engineer will be a key member of the engineering team and will work closely with our offices in the NYC metropolitan area. The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering background with professional interest and experience in MEP industry. The candidate must have a working knowledge of buildings mechanical, electrical and other support systems. Additionally, the candidate should possess a combination of technical expertise and good communication skills.
- Design HVAC including all associated equipment, ductwork, piping, and specifications.
- Perform HVAC load calculations, ductwork, pipe sizing, and any other calculations.
- Lead the development of construction documents including design drawings and project specifications.
- Conduct site visits to verify existing conditions, gather information, meet with clients, and observe construction and help resolve field issues during construction.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers, designers and drafters to effectively manage design and engineering efforts of systems for new installations, system retrofits, system replacement and system upgrades for a wide variety of projects and project types.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD required, knowledge of Revit a plus.
- Perform project management duties including project planning, managing schedules and budgets to complete work on time and profitably.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in designing and managing MEP Projects
- Ability to mentor junior level staff
- Demonstrated familiarity with NYC and NYS building codes preferred, but not required
- Experience with municipalities, government agencies a plus. Prior client experience with: DASNY, CUNY, OGS and other NYS Agencies is desired
- Strong technical leadership and management skills
Our client is one of the nation’s preeminent providers of specialized energy, and resource management services. They develop and implement comprehensive engineering solutions for utilities, commercial entities, and government agencies nationwide. Our portfolio of services includes marketing, engineering, infrastructure retrofits, commissioning and retro-commissioning, program management, implementation of energy efficiency and water conservation programs and development.
If you are interested, contact Calvin Brownholtz @ 916.418.4500