Manhattan, New York
Our client is seeking a talented individual to fill the role of a Director of Mechanical Engineering in our Manhattan office. The Director will be a key member of the engineering team and will work closely with our offices in the NYC metropolitan area. The ideal candidate will have a Mechanical Engineering background with professional interest and experience in MEP industry. The Director must have a working knowledge of buildings mechanical, electrical and other support systems. Additionally, the candidate shall possess a combination of technical expertise and good communication skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience in managing and leading a team of engineers, designers and CAD operators.
- Self-starting nature with the ability to see tasks through completion while meeting project budgets and deadlines.
- Experience in preparing and writing basis of designs.
- Lead the design engineering efforts for the design of mechanical systems for new installations, system retrofits, system replacement and system upgrades for a wide variety of projects and project types.
- Design HVAC systems including all associated equipment, ductwork, piping, and specifications.
- Perform HVAC load calculations, ductwork, pipe sizing, and any other calculations required to support the mechanical design.
- Ability to develop engineering calculations and technical reports using Microsoft Office suite.
- Develop construction documents including design drawings and project specifications.
- Perform construction administrative duties such as preparation of field reports, provide responses to RFIs, process bulletins and addenda, review of shop drawings and submittals, etc.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- PE License Required
- Must have experience in designing MEP Project