Sr. Business Developer – Energy Solutions
Posted 8 months ago
Minnesota – remote location
We have been retained to recruit a purple unicorn!
Looking for a Minnesota-based Business Developer with consultative sales experience selling large, complex deals. Candidate will have knowledge of master facility planning and energy service agreements. Primary job responsibility – to successfully sell State legislative enabled Professional Services Agreements and Energy Service Agreements to public institutions including school districts, municipalities, universities, public water/waste water agencies and hospitals.
- Primary customer interface responsible for the development of new business and new relationships.
- Establishing and owning the plans and strategies aimed at serving and expanding the customer sales base in the Minnesota market.
- Partner with potential customers, establishing relationships and maximizing the business potential.
- Working within multi-functional team: Sales, Solution development, Government Relations/Consultants, Financing Companies.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Successful experience selling large comprehensive sales projects ($2M+)
- Knowledge of state legislation including eligible procurement and funding/financing statutes
- Demonstrated previous customer acquisition experience in the master planning/energy market
- Proven experience in public sector sales process-customers, selling facility-related solutions
- Customer engagement at senior levels; building long-term strategic and executive relationships
- Proven experience prospecting for opportunities
- Proven Project/Proposal development
- Prior Master Planning/ESCO business development experience ideal
- Experience in the financial sales process using available procurement and funding/financing statutes available
If you are interested, contact Scott Brownholtz @ 916.649.3200 –