Location – Austin, TX
Equity participation Offered – Client is a boutique energy management firm, providing all-inclusive energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions for commercial & industrial facilities throughout North America. Solutions range from upgrades to existing facility’s infrastructure to the design, development, construction and operation of energy plants encompassed with financial solutions.
VP will inherit a backlog of several high-profile projects. Projects include electric power microgrids, utility-scale solar energy generation systems, facility retro commissioning, advance building cooling technologies, building automation, mechanical and building envelope upgrades, co-generation, demand response programs, 4CP/5CP reduction, refrigeration, electric energy and natural gas supply contract design and evaluation, battery energy storage and water conservation measures.
Position Scope: Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP Project Engineering will be part of the executive management team…VP will evaluate and design projects and manage engineering activities for our C&I energy efficiency, distributed energy generation and water conservation projects. This position works with internal and external teams on the development and implementation of projects for our target market of Fortune 500 customers, with multiple facilities throughout the nation.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Build and develop a project engineering team.
- Customer site visits to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC and energy systems and document energy performance information, including electric utility data, facility equipment assets and architectural / infrastructure drawings.
- Work to identify and evaluate opportunities for energy and water conservation, efficiency, and distributed generation. Produce energy savings calculations, develop baseline profiles and provide end-use and retrofit analyses.
- Help coordinate of design and development group planning activities in support of construction, quality assurance and measurement and verification.
- Support and provide guidance to project construction managers to ensure successful project completion and delivery, with frequent job site travel.
- Engineering degree / PE preferred
- Construction experience
- 10+ years of progressive engineering design and/or project management experience in energy projects such as; power generation, C&I / utility-scale battery energy storage, solar / wind power generation, CHP, industrial process energy, process automation, electric vehicle charging
- This position is based in Austin, Texas and requires 30% travel