Position Scope – Retail Energy Client is focused on growing the business to address our clients’ and society’s need for more and cleaner energy solutions for a brighter tomorrow. We are recruiting for a VP of Sales to lead the growth and development efforts of a sales team. Assist in managing strategic customer accounts at a national level. This position will be responsible for the team that will structure and market conventional and renewable products and solutions directly to end use customers.
- Managing an existing national sales team.
- Grow sales team in all major competitive markets.
- Support team growth by quarterbacking deals, supporting existing clients, formulating sales strategies and communicating product value to team/clients.
- Manage and support the sales strategy for securing conventional and renewable products.
- Set and manage team goals.
- Hire, train, develop high-octane sales team.
- Work in conjunction with leadership in defining and executing full product solution packages with customers, prospects, vendors, and partners.
- Proven sales leadership experience in the competitive energy market.
- Knowledge of the competitive energy/renewable energy market dynamics.
- Experience in selling and working knowledge of energy related services; wind, solar, onsite generation, demand response, energy efficiencies, etc.
- Experience in deregulated electricity markets: ERCOT, PJM, ISO-NE, NYISO, MISO, and CAISO.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, analytical and time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate terms & conditions of energy services contracts.
- Strong industry network in the power and/or renewable energy sectors.
- Flexible, creative, and able to adapt to new circumstances.
MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN THE COMPETITIVE ENERGY MARKET