Sr. Project Engineer – Energy Consulting
Posted 4 months ago
Company Position Overview: Client provides independent advisory and implementation solutions to some of the world’s largest corporate, industrial, and institutional clients as they pursue sustainability, resilience, and energy efficiency. The Retrofit Solutions Division oversees the entirety of Project Development for the portfolio of projects that contain major upgrades or replacement of energy and building systems.
The Project Development team moves opportunities from concept to fully developed, contracted, client commitments to implement the actual, physical delivery of the project. For each project, the scope of the activity considers safety, technology design, commerciality (project pricing, project financing, risk allocation), and constructability. This role does not oversee Project Delivery, who are a separate team of dedicated project and construction-managers.
The function engages with clients, account executives, Project Delivery, Regulatory Monitoring, other EE service lines who may be serving the client, the CFO’s Office, finance partners, and potential vendors and subcontractors. For this reason, beyond fundamental technical competence, professionalism and communication are non-negotiable attributes of this leader.
- W/R/T project development, once the initial processes are established, own the continuous improvement efforts to ensure minimal scope gaps, work toward zero margin erosion, and high client satisfaction.
- Work within the development and construction/implementation teams to ensure seamless project scope development and associated contract-level pricing of ECMs
- Act as a primary operations/development contact for two large client accounts.
- Monitor emerging technologies so as to trigger new propositions with and through account executives; and, thereafter, build the supporting capabilities
- Build out vendor base by finding, qualifying, and training design firms, material suppliers, and general contractors.
- Professional experience developing projects for C&I clients
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management, is preferred
- Industry experience around DER and efficiency solutions for C&I and institutional clients
- Have deep understanding of energy and building systems, including but not limited to HVAC, steam, lighting, building envelope, building automation systems, compressed air, refrigerants
- Experience presenting to C-suites and Boards
- Knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
If you are interested, contact Scott Brownholtz @ 916.649.3200 –