Kansas City/Portland/Seattle/Northern California Regions
For over 50 years our client has specialized in energy and infrastructure improvement projects through design-build and performance contracting. We are currently recruiting a Senior Project Development Engineer. Our Project Development Team is committed to delivering creative facility and energy solutions to our communities. We are industry leaders who develop energy and engineering solutions that enable our clients to reduce their energy and operational expenses. You will work alongside our Business Development Team to develop solutions that solve our clients’ facilities, operational, and financial challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, train, and mentor one or more Project Development Engineers
- Perform preliminary and conceptual engineering tasks and important preliminary engineering work such as energy analysis and modeling efficiently and accurately.
- Support business development activities which lead to award of the contract including client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation support, oral presentation support, and contract negotiation
- Coordinate with pre-construction team to obtain project development budget estimates for Preliminary Audit & IGA Stages
- Support the design team in the preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, bills of material, and equipment selections by providing needed data/guidance about the scope and original project intent.
- Support technical bid analyses and construction administration tasks such as answering Requests for Information and providing data and documentation needed for project close-out.
- Coordinate with the design team on the development of project specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents to ensure conformance with the original project intent.
- Provide general guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and Energy Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of engineering is required.
- Additional project development, engineering, and energy related professional certifications are a plus.
- Successful project development experience.
- Experience in Public Sector energy engineering with Cities, Counties and School Districts preferred.
- Demonstrates engineering and analytical acumen to develop complex solutions and build credibility.
- Extensive experience managing complex projects and interdisciplinary teams of professionals.