Remote California Location
For over 50 years our client has specialized in energy and infrastructure improvement projects through design-build and performance contracting. We evaluate buildings and take comprehensive solutions from design concept to implementation with a team of engineers, construction managers, and commissioning professionals. We partner with clients in K-12, higher education, local government, healthcare, and commercial and industrial markets to transform their facilities.
We are currently looking for a senior-level mechanical engineer to join our Design Engineering team. The selected candidate will become a part of a growing organization with year-over-year revenue growth, competitive benefits, and a diverse project workload. The job responsibilities and required skills are described below.
Responsible for the mechanical design of building infrastructure and energy conservation projects with a focus on hydronic systems, cooling towers, steam boilers, built-up AHUs, building automation control systems, and plumbing systems. The candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering, and have a minimum of five years of experience.
- Experience in design of central plants with complex hydronic and steam systems.
- Experience in design of plumbing systems.
- Exposure to high-performance buildings and energy conservation is preferred.
- Design mechanical and plumbing building systems with emphasis on complex systems. Create clear accurate construction documents and engineering building specifications.
- Review equipment submittals, respond to RFIs and AHJs, perform construction site inspections.
- Design diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Interact with sales, project management, construction, and commissioning.
- Have advanced knowledge of national codes and design practices.
- Provide professional guidance and training for junior level design engineers.
Candidates with the following skills is a plus:
- Ability to lead project in design.
- Preferred experience in energy modeling calculating energy savings, and with life cycle cost analyses.