San Diego Hybrid Location
Client Overview: Client is a US retail energy supplier that assist businesses how to successfully manage their energy consumption, costs and risk management in deregulated energy markets. They provide large C&I customers with, energy risk management, market intelligence, demand management, enrollments/scheduling services, settlements and billing.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Senior Forecasting and Scheduling Specialist (West Gas Desk) will report to the VP Regional Pricing & Supply. This position will be responsible for Forecasting, Scheduling, Trading and Portfolio Analysis/Optimization. Candidate will independently assess and resolve any operational issues affecting the daily operations of the portfolio.
Nominating / Scheduling
Nominate/schedule natural gas on intrastate and interstate pipelines and LDCs; regular weekend and holiday activity is required.
Execute spot trades based on balancing requirements, customers’ needs, and portfolio optimization including storage, transport and production positions.
Reconciliation and Data Verification
Lead the daily tie out of trades against tracking spreadsheets, Allegro and EBBs.
Update daily tracking spreadsheets with recent data including usage/cuts/reforecasting.
- Robust knowledge of financial and physical energy trading markets, particularly natural gas markets is
Experience in Western Physical markets is required.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills, independent thinker with commercial savvy.
- Must demonstrate strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on attention to
detail and approachability throughout the organization.
- Possess strong advanced spreadsheet design skills, with the ability to effectively articulate information.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint, VBA, C++, Matlab.
- Math, Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering degree required
- Operations experience combined with structuring large integrated electric commodity transactions.