Sr. Federal Business Developer (Energy Retrofits)
Posted 2 years ago
Open Remote Location
Client is one of the largest energy services companies in the North America who utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities.
The Senior Federal Business Developer has federal ESCO sales experience and a proven track record of sales success as an individual contributor. You will be familiar with all solutions within the DOE Technology Categories and shall demonstrate competence with requirements, contract processes and financial aspects of federal performance contracting.
Requirements of the Federal Senior Account Executive position:
- Knowledge of the federal ESCO sales process.
- Proven success in federal ESCO sales success in an individual contributor role.
- Strategic sales skills: Able to understand and influence customer buying process.
- Able to identify new business opportunities, markets and customer prospects.
- Self-motivated and able to work well autonomously in a remote/home office location.
- Able to assess federal markets, identify trends and how new federal programs create opportunities.
- Work on highly competitive RFP/RFQ responses in a primary authorship role.
- Coordinate with internal project development teams and stakeholders throughout the sales cycle.
- Actively participate in relevant conferences and trade associations.
- Develop relationships with sub-contractors who have presence and solid reputation at federal facilities.
- Account management skills: Able to maintain relationships with existing customers and drive new business to help customer meet federal goals or unfunded site infrastructure requirements through performance-based energy savings contracts.
Preferred background for this position:
- Experience in the federal ESPC, UESC, EUL, Energy Management Consulting, or Design/Build markets.
- Previous experience with complex sale cycles that include complex financial arrangements.
- Travel expected.
- Proof of Covid vaccination.