Southeast Open Location (NC/TN/MS/LA/SC/GA/AL/FL)
Reporting directly to the Regional General Manager, the Area Sales Manager provides leadership to manage the Public Sector (MUSH) market sales in the creation of smarter, more efficient and resilient communities. Drive growth and results within the Southern territory. Assists in the development of tools to achieve the sales objectives for the MUSH (K-12/State & Local Government/Higher Ed/Commercial) market for the ESCO Energy Solutions business.
How you will do it:
- You will inherit/manage 8 Account Executives and hire/train more to buildout your team.
- Drive $70M + in Southern region annual revenues.
- Delivers business results of the assigned areas’ public sector market business plans for all ‘lines of business’ within Performance Infrastructure (Design-Build, P3, ESPC, as a Service, ESA, PPA, etc).
- Leads Area sales management in the development of the public sector market strategic plan components and annual sales plans.
- Assists the General Manager and Regional Management in planning, organizing and building a team to meet business objectives for key and target public sector accounts. Ensures that planned staffing activities occur, including, recruiting, selection, development and succession.
- Identifies, develops, and manages strategic regional third-party relationships to facilitate public sector business growth, including trade associations, marketing consultants, subcontractors.
What we look for:
- MUST HAVE MECHANICAL/ENERGY SALES MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience required
- Progressive experience and proven sales ability in the sales of building controls and services
- Experience in a lead/supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity/development of others
- Experience selling complex/financial solutions into the public sector MUSH markets