Remote – Northern California
The Senior Engineer will create the design of energy conservation and renewable energy measures, audit specifications and development.
- Experience with PV projects and knowledge of utility rate schedules including TOU and demand charges structures.
- Evaluate utility data to verify existing customer loads, consider rate change options and calculate energy and water cost savings
- Perform renewable energy including solar PV and energy storage system site surveys and understand metering and measurement tools and data.
- Evaluate various types and locations of renewable energy systems.
- Identify HVAC, lighting, solar PV, battery storage, energy management systems, and domestic water conservation opportunities and have a basic understanding of microgrid operations.
- Develop HVAC and energy management systems’ engineering designs and specifications under the supervision of the Project Management Advisor or Senior Engineer Advisor.
- With guidance from the Project Management Advisor, prepare all bid documents and construction documents that, along with the specification and drawings, will comprise HVAC, lighting, solar PV, battery storage, energy management systems and domestic water conservation construction documents.
- Work with the Project Management Advisor, prepares cost estimates of basic HVAC, lighting, solar PV, battery storage, energy management systems and domestic water conservation measures. Obtains third-party quotes and evaluates the costs.
- Perform savings analysis including comparison of technologies, savings calculations, scopes of work and contractor bid costs for lighting and water measures.
- Calculate potential solar generation quantities and savings of various scenarios.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering related field
- Experience in the commercial sector
- Solid working knowledge of HVAC and/or solar photovoltaic systems, including the ability to identify different systems and equipment, identify potential energy savings measures, and quantify the potential energy savings and costs.
- Competent in computer modeling software programs
- Regional day travel, up to 30% travel