Open California Location
Client is one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S and utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting and Public Private Partnership (P3) vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. They also provide build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems.
We have an immediate need for a Sr. Business Development Manager, to manage the MUSH (public sector) business development efforts for the Western region.
The Energy Solutions team targets the ESPC state/local government, municipal K-12/Higher Ed market segments (MUSH) with proactive, industry leading financial and Energy solutions that improve the fiscal integrity of our client’s budgets and deliver guaranteed, self-funded results. This position requires the sales executive to have a strong financial and analytical aptitude and the ability to navigate in a complex selling environment. In this position you will call on the public sector; City Managers, School Superintendents, building owners and upper-level management throughout the California public sector.
Essential Skill Requirements:
- Prior success selling complex solutions into the Public Sector
- Drive sales process – from start to finish
- Initiate contact / Develop sales strategy / Quarterback the solution development team
- Initiate, build and maintain executive level relationships
- Perform the necessary research, qualify and develop the sales strategy to develop a marketing plan
- Good understanding of financial statements and operating budgets
- Assist in developing the right solution/need for the customer
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking and social media
- Proven stable track record selling at the “C” level
- Knowledge of proactive prospecting at the financial decision-making level
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and computer skills
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple projects at multiple stages of the process
- Must be an outstanding presenter and possess a complete understanding of MS PowerPoint
- Must be able to produce a persuasive proposal through exceptional writing skills as required for all RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, and all other forms of written communication to the client.