Open Location (Mid-Atlantic/Northeast)
Client is a nationally recognized Utility Management Firm, specializing in commercial energy procurement. We run energy buying aggregations for some of the biggest cities and brands in the US including Fortune 100 companies and large industrials.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the General Manager will have Board exposure and full P&L responsibility covering the Energy Procurement Division. An executive-led service, with key clients, cities, energy suppliers and portfolios strategically sponsored and led from the top. We are looking for a proven energy solutions leader who has successfully experience building a national business unit. The position will have full executive responsibility over the procurement division including Sales, Operations, Renewables and Customer Service.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership team, the GM’s responsibilities will include:
- Create the divisional strategy and implement plans to assure growth and profitability.
- Full P&L and financial responsibility for the division to include Sales, Operations, and support.
- Champion the sales team, develop strategic avenues of growth, and manage operational leadership. Hire, train, and motivate a team that will cohesively build business.
- Acquire, lead and sponsor key customer and strategic industry relationships.
- Attend industry events and “be the face” of the overall organization.
- The optimal target will be 35% in managing and supporting the division and 65% executive selling and working directly with key customers to enhance the sales performance of the division.
- Attend monthly leadership calls and quarterly board meetings and President’s Council meetings.
- Experienced leader in the deregulated energy industry with broker and/or supplier.
- Strong sales and marketing capabilities, executive account sponsorship and strategic relationships
- Knowledge of deregulated markets for strong and effective recruiting, sales, and networking. Renewables, energy technology and energy software experience highly beneficial.
Executive Competency Profile
- Provides more leadership than management, with more coaching than supervising. Creates the leadership environment necessary to develop employees into a competitive asset.
- Credible, recognized authority on energy market knowledge. A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Strong commercial judgment and strong customer focus. Strives to understand potential customers and market forces.