Client is a full-service energy efficiency company backed by private equity, focused on the commercial and industrial end markets. Client designs, finances, and implements decarbonization projects/programs for buildings which combine energy retrofits, infrastructure upgrades, and distributed energy generation with ongoing utility management, maintenance, and building monitoring/control services. Equity participation offered.
Job Description – Reporting directly to the Founder and CEO, the EVP, Engineering and Construction and will be responsible for energy savings and carbon reduction projects. Candidate will be a business-minded construction and engineering executive who partners with the CEO and other executives to successfully lead the execution of construction, engineering and operational objectives.
- Must have experience with energy savings retrofit projects in the commercial/industrial sector.
- Directly manage four VP’s.
- Leads the continual improvement of ensuring compliance with quality assurance policies.
- Leadership, training and mentoring for all Construction and Engineering staff.
- Assist project developers and technical engineers to think strategically, differently, and bigger.
- Leads Quality Control and oversight of our technical design including Peer Reviews.
- Manages a variety of strategic assignments such as energy modeling, schematic and conceptual design, audit and client technical report writing, visual content management, and presentation.
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new strategic & emerging technologies to be used in the development of new projects.
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards.
- Strategically evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability.
- Perform strategic engineering analysis to contribute towards our projects during business
development, construction and commissioning.
- Formal Engineering Degree
- Executive leadership experience
- Advanced energy engineering experience
- 10+ years of progressive engineering management experience
- Experience in leading energy savings retrofits in the commercial, hospital and industrial sectors