Minneapolis, MN Area
Client is a world-class/member-owned electric utility that provides power to the suburbs of Minneapolis. The cooperative has been a corporate citizen to the area since 1937 and currently serves more than 50,000 electric accounts.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering and Operations, the Engineering Supervisor is responsible for planning, designing, staking, system protection, work management and other engineering concerns for the electrical distribution system. This role oversees a team made up of GIS/Mapping Technicians, Work Order/New Service Specialists, Engineering Technicians, and Field Engineers.
- Oversee employees and outside contractors, ensuring process and controls are in place to audit and approve designs as well as ensure projects are staked in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date job descriptions and conduct annual performance evaluations for employees.
Engineering & Design
- Oversee designs for all construction activities including new developments, new services, and
construction work plan projects and assuring they meet Cooperative specifications and policies as well as RUS & NESC guidelines.
- Oversee scheduling of work plan items to meet budget, service, and reliability goals of the Cooperative.
- Attend and participate in pre-construction and government decision-making meetings that may impact WH budgets and long-range construction schedules.
- Ensure that construction practices conform to present National Electric Safety Codes, RUS Specification Drawings and RUS approved List of Materials.
- Oversee the site preparation and grading of all new substations.
Education and Experience
• BS degree in Engineering
• Electrical utility distribution and design construction experience
• Professional Engineer (PE) certification