Open Location – West
We have been retained by one of the most respected energy services companies in the North America to identify a critical construction leadership role. Client utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities.
We are recruiting a Director of Construction for its ESPC team. This is a leadership position within the Company. We are seeking an individual that has construction experience with central utility plants, including combined heat and power (cogeneration), utility distribution systems, and other energy infrastructure for state and federal end users including, but not limited to, complete campus utility upgrades. This individual will be responsible for leading a construction team, supporting project development, estimating, scheduling, contract/subcontract development, safety oversight, project financial performance, quality control/quality assurance and contract compliance. This individual will be the primary customer interface on large projects during project construction.
- Monitors project plans, schedules, and budgets for projects under his/her responsibility, and identifies, develops and gathers necessary resources to ensure project completion.
- Manages all aspects of a project: allocates resources, drives strategic planning, and assigns tasks to ensure targets are met.
- Conducts project meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Sets priorities, allocates tasks and supervises project staff to meet project targets, budgets, and milestones.
- Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions, such as reallocating resources, changing contractual specifications, and assisting resolution development.
- Acts as primary contact with the customer and develops a professional relationship to understand the customer’s needs and meet demands within the contracted scope.
- Assists business development team with writing and presenting proposals for projects and may have moderate to heavy contact with middle and senior level executives of the client to ensure that clients receive accurate, timely, and clear information.1