Sr. Municipal Business Development Manager – Energy Solutions
Posted 2 months ago
Open Remote Location
For over 20 years Client has been a leading energy services provider that specializes in energy efficiency, sustainability, and infrastructure improvement solutions in the municipal sector…offering full range of sustainable solutions including waste-to-energy, distributed generation, and renewable energy.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) is to promote a consultative sales approach to identify qualified municipal targets and drive new Energy Savings business opportunities.
Specific Capability – Capability to illustrate how financial value is created for utility, municipal and water/waste water authorities. This role requires the BDM to help customers make the business and financial investment case and facilitate the development of a credible financial justification needed to win allocation of CapEx and OpEx.
- MUST show successful consultative sales experience
- Experience selling long term (12+ mo) sales cycle – large ($5M+) projects.
- Experience prospecting utility, municipal and/or wastewater authorities.
- Develop thorough knowledge of wastewater market and Performance Contracting.
- Communicate full scope of solutions to meet utility and federal customer business goals.
- Maintain customer contact throughout the installation period to identify any additional needs and address concerns that arise.
- Understanding and ability to develop ESPC, and ESA/PPA contracting.
- Understanding and ability to deliver design build projects with performance guarantees.
Bachelor’s degree, municipal/public sector consultative sales experience within water/waste water and energy services related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Regional travel required
- Highly competitive compensation
If you are interested, contact Scott Brownholtz @ 916.649.3200 –