Mechanical Estimator (HVAC or Piping)
Posted 3 weeks ago
Client is the most well-respected and talented mechanical contractor in California. We are recruiting for an exceptional Mechanical Estimators within the HVAC or Piping Trades, for the Sacramento
Special Projects office. The Mechanical Estimator works directly with the Special Projects team to develop business and evaluate opportunities, provide takeoffs, estimates and proposals.
This candidate must be highly analytical, with the ability to summarize complex information into detailed proposals, keeping up to date with current building codes and industry best practices
· Identify target opportunities by reviewing incoming invitations to bid.
· Attend project walks and perform initial investigation of field conditions.
· Download contract documents for review including plans, specifications and associated documents.
· Send contract documents to all required vendors and subcontractors for pricing.
· Take off equipment, ductwork and/or piping for entry into Autobid/Quickpen.
· Create detailed takeoff’s using Autobid Software for entry into estimate.
· Excellent follow through when selecting or passing on opportunities.
· Responsible for building, maintaining, and expanding new and existing customer relationships.
· Maintain relationships with new facilities and general contractors.
· Assists the sales team with preparation of responses to RFPs and RFQs.
· Develops, negotiates new business through consistent communication.
· Maintain bid tracking and monitor backlog for reporting within division sales projections.
· Experience estimating mechanical systems within the Construction Industry.
· Understanding of conceptual estimating and HVAC systems.
· Exceptional customer service skills, high level of patience and professionalism are required.
· Competent with software programs such as Word, Excel, Autobid, Outlook, Procore and Bluebeam.
· Adept at conducting research, gathering and organizing information from multiple sources.
If you are interested contact Scott Brownholtz @ 916-649-3200,