Director Business Development
Posted 6 months ago
Remote location – Northeast
Energy Solutions Client has retained me to identify and recruit a Director Business Development with experience selling long-term/financial solutions into the Commercial or Federal space. In this role your primary job responsibility will be to successfully prospect and sell into high level clients.
- Develop sales and prospecting for new business, including market research, marketing of the company’s value proposition and business briefings to key customer segments to include C&I and Federal market.
- Utilize thorough knowledge of federal energy requirements; energy and renewable energy goals and strategy; structure, opportunities, trends, and issues
- Utilize a strategic approach to drive creation of effective business relationships, identify customer needs, and communicate full scope of solutions to operations team to ensure that customer business goals and company sales objectives, volume, and that market share objectives are achieved.
- Ensure that sales goals for activities and results, including number of first calls, number of task orders, volume of sales and, ultimately, for achieving revenue and gross margins.
- Monitor account plan progress for all projects
- Lead Task Order negotiations, including pre-flight strategy and execution in customer facing engagements
- Directs proposal development and reviews finished product before deliver to customer
- Conduct sales pipeline reviews at least monthly to ensure that sales are on track and report any variances with remedial actions.
- Create and oversee Teaming Agreement relationships with other companies as required
- Solution selling experience into the c-level
- Prior Federal Solutions Sales experience preferred
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and government energy contracts
- Ability to complete reporting requirements, briefings, budgets, and etc.
- Ability to compose, write and edit proposals, reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Effective and successful consultative sales development, negotiation, and closing techniques
If you are interested, contact Scott Brownholtz @ 916.649.3200 –