Director Business Development – Utility Markets
Posted 1 month ago
Great Lakes Region – IL/MI/OH
OVERVIEW – Director, Business Development will develop and drive Energy Efficiency and Demand Response solution sales into the regional utility vertical markets. You will be accountable for developing and maintaining contacts within the utility industry.
- Responsible for achieving regional utility growth objectives by securing new business opportunities with regionally targeted, enterprise-level accounts through consultative prospecting, networking, qualifying and closing techniques.
- Identifies regional utility market trends for communication and planning.
- Develops sales plans unique to each client and leads their execution, incorporating delivery and various sales support organizations as needed.
- Leads effective development and delivery of competitive client proposals.
- Manages utility client relationships at decision-maker levels.
- Leads contract and scope negotiation for new business in partnership with Sales Operations, Legal, Operations and Service Line teams.
- Regional understanding of the utility / municipal landscape
- Utility business development experience
- Solution sales experience with Energy efficiency / Demand response
If you are interested, contact Scott Brownholtz @ 916.649.3200 –